The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
When you start SmartFTP you get the following error message:
The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
The problem is that the KB2999226 (Universal CRT) which is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 failed to install.
- Install Windows Updates:
Go to Start - Control Panel - Windows Update
Check for updates
Install all available updates.
After the updates are installed, restart your computer.
After the restart repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
- Download the Visual C++ Redistributable:
For Windows 64-bit
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (64-bit)
For Windows 32-bit
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (32-bit)
- Run the vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) or vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) and select Uninstall
- Run the .exe again and select Install
- Microsoft Download - Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017
- Visual C++ Redistributable fails to install
- KB2999226: Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows
KB2999226, ucrt, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!