Problem with error 17 in FTP Library

We have bought a license for FTP library in August 2005. When the trial version expired we loaded the license with your example script and restarted the host. Everything worked fine until yesterday. Then we only got error 17 on every connect attempt. We have tried to load the license again and the script says Success, but we still get error 17.

I can send you our script if you give me an email address.

/H

Hello ..

Please send the script to sales attt smartftp.com or to the email address for premium support.

Thank you.
-Mat

I couldn't wait so I downloaded a new version and installed. It worked without error 17. Probably with a new trial period. Wonder when it stops...
It would nice to have a property that shows if we using the license or trial period, so we can be sure that the object not stops working.

Did you find anything wrong in the script?

/H

Hello ..

Hmm. I haven't received the script. Maybe it got filtered by the AV software. Please send it as a text file.

If the LoadLicenseKeyFromFile or LoadLicenseKeyFromData returns true then you can be sure it works. A while ago (3+ months) there was a bug but it has been fixed. Try to set the date of your computer 1 year into the future and see if it still works.

Thanks
-Mat

Mat,

Today my programs stopped running again. Error 17. Probably because the last trial version was outdated. I can load my license and it always says success, but I get error 17 anyway.
Please help me with a solution. Now I can't trust any programs built on the library.
Could there be any problem with the Swedish character in my name in the license file (H

Hello hakan ..

This is bad news . I've tested your license key with source code you sent a while ago and set the system date 1 year into the future and it was working.

The following is the code being used for the verification:

If LoadLicenseKeyData returns VARIANT_TRUE that implies IsLicensed() returned true. If IsLicensed() key returns true, IsTrialOrLicensed() returns true as well. And the IsTrialOrLicensed() is the function we call in the Connet() function.

censored

Now I have tried different settings for the system clock, and every date after Oct 22:nd gives error 17, but all dates before works fine.

The I tried to paste the LoadLicense code into my own programs, so I run the LoadLicence every time before I connect, and then everything works!

Is it supposed to be that way? If it is, it gives all programs a lot of extra code..

I have tested this both on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP SP2.

Hello ..

Of course you need to call LoadLicenseKeyFile or LoadLicenseKeyData before you call the Connect() function. How else would the FTP library know about your license?

Regards,
-Mat