Licence key failed to load from file

Hey all,

I recently bought a key for SmartFTP 3, after using it for many years and running out of my trail I figured it was 10x better than "FileZilla" which mashes my php files for some reason, and...quite honestly it's never given me "gas".

However.

After my trial was expired, it showed '0' days, got my .xml key file, went to "import key", clicked on that and it returned "Failed to load key from file". What?!

I also tried selecting the "setup" checkbox from the getkey.php URL described in the email I got back, it said it "added the key successfully however still, it shows up as "0 days left".

I've uninstalled about 3 times so far, even went registry key hunting in hopes that MIGHT help me...nothing.

I need help! Please!

In the email sent to you, you can also find a link to the license key key file (xml). Download this file and save it on your computer. Then in the dialog where it says you have 0 days left there is a button "Enter License Key" to enter your license key. Click the button and specify the license key file (xml) you saved in the first step.

For further instructions contact us at sales@smartftp.com

Regards,
Mat

In the email sent to you, you can also find a link to the license key key file (xml). Download this file and save it on your computer. Then in the dialog where it says you have 0 days left there is a button "Enter License Key" to enter your license key. Click the button and specify the license key file (xml) you saved in the first step.

For further instructions contact us at sales@smartftp.com

Regards,
Mat

Described in my post above, I already did that.

I did both, downloaded the XML FROM the email, downloaded the xml FROM the site via the HASH generator, and downloaded the "setup" EXE file. All failed.

If this doesn't work it means that the XML component on your system is broken. I sent you another license key which is text based (doesn't require the XML component). Please try this one.

Also please install the latest version from here:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Regards,
Mat

Described in my post above, I already did that.

I did both, downloaded the XML FROM the email, downloaded the xml FROM the site via the HASH generator, and downloaded the "setup" EXE file. All failed.

Recently just got a .txt version of it from you folks...worked like a CHARM!

Thank you!

I can go back to FTPin' my butt off