trouble uploading

I am new to smartFTP. I have uploaded the files that I want to be published on my web page and they have transferred correctly. I have a server - godaddy, and a domain name. I thought that was all the steps I needed to be able to see my website on the web. I need to know if there is another step or a couple of more steps I need to do before being able to see my website.

Thank you.

Hello ..

Did you already take a look at the connect tutorial at: https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto?

You need the following information from your web hosting company:
username, password and host

Regards,
Mat

Make sure that you are uploading the files to the correct folder on the server.

What makes you think the files are not uploaded correctly? Do you see the old files? Maybe try to delete the old files first before you upload the new ones.

Regards,
Mat

Make sure that you are uploading the files to the correct folder on the server.

What makes you think the files are not uploaded correctly? Do you see the old files? Maybe try to delete the old files first before you upload the new ones.

Regards,
Mat

Mat,

Thank you for answering me so far. I'm not sure which folder I am supposed to upload the files into. I have a domain name that I see then under that I have a username folder then I have a stats folder and a db folder. I have tried to upload the files into all of the folders and in different orders. I do not know what to do or which folder is the one which you upload into. Do you upload into the domain name or the username folder or the stats folder or the db folder?

Thank you again.

I don't know how your file structure looks like. But usually you have to upload into a folder called public_html, html or something similar. Your web hosting provider can certainly tell you what is the correct folder to upload your files to.

Regards,
Mat