My favorites went missing

Suddenly my favorite list of URLs have gone missing. When I opened the application it popped a message box and asked me to save a .dat file (Folders.2005-10-03-175752). Then my favorites are not there.

I installed a new version, I dont remember Usernames and passwords for all my URLS. Any help will be highly appreciated or else I end up in a soup!

Please please tell me that this dat file is gonna help me retrieve..

Thanks,
Prem

Hello ..

It looks like your favorites got corrupted. Installing a new version over an old version is never a problem. But the opposite is. For every new build backups of the favorites.dat are created. They can be found in the application data folder at:
C:Documents and Settings<user>Application DataSmartFTP

The first thing I would recommend you is to backup this directory before you start renaming/restoring the favorites.dat

-Mat

It did not work for me, anywayz with a set of permutations and combinations and by luck I was able to get back..

Now I have made a copy of the credentials and saved it to an offsite location. If the moderators want, I can send a screen shot of the error I am getting when I try to import the .dat file.

Thanks,
Prem