Two bugs

Hi guys...
I've been a long time and extremely satisfied user of SmartFTP. I check daily for any new dev versions and whenever there is a new release I download and use it. So far, I hadn't found any bugs, but that changed yesterday. But let me start with the system info:

+- System -----------------------------

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional 

Service Pack 4, RC 4.36 (Build 2195)

CPU Speed         : 751 MHz

Total Memory      : 327224 KB

Free Memory       :   4364 KB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------

Version           : 1.0.974.9

Time Stamp        : 2003-03-04 04:23:55

+- Application DLL --------------------

Controls.dll      : 1.6.974.9

FTPAPI.dll        : 2.0.974.9

Language.dll      : 1.0.974.9

ResEng.dll        : 1.3.974.9

+- System DLL -------------------------

shell32.dll       : 5.00.3700.6628

shlwapi.dll       : 6.00.2800.1106

comctl32.dll      : 5.81

riched20.dll      : 5.30.23.1212

schannel.dll      : 5.00.2195.6624

+- Internet Explorer ------------------

Version           : 6.0.2800.1106

+- Winsock ----------------------------

Winsock           : 2.2

Now here's what I want to report.
1. The first problem appeared yesterday after I installed Dev Build 1.0.974.8. The problem is that I cannot drag & drop files from the FTP window(s) to my Local Browser. No matter what I did and how, I can't download anything using drag & drop. I closed and reopened all windows, tried using Shift or Control keys, tried a few other stuff too but to no avail. The only way for me to download now is to select the files I need and then right-click, go to Download->Direct->Select Folder...
I rebooted the PC in case it didn't update some file it needed to, but nope.
Then this morning I installed Dev Build 1.0.974.9 hoping that the problem might have been fixed, but unfortunately it's still here... I'd appreciate it if you looked into this (and I'm sure so would any other user that is experiencing this - if there is any).
2. The second one is a minor bug which isn't that much of a big deal since it's not causing any operational problems and also it's not that new. It's been here for some versions now, but unfortunately I can't remember when I first noticed it. If you go to Help->About the About dialog pops up with the License tab selected by default. If you then go to the Credits tab, CPU utilization jumps to 100% (obviously because of the scrolling text). The problem is that if you go to another tab, CPU utilization stays at 100%. In order for it to go back to normal, you need to close the About dialog.

I have another problem with some servers (mostly NT) complaining about a blank command not being understood and stopping transfer (usually happens when I download or upload large amounts of files) but I haven't pinpointed the situation yet and I can't give any more info on it. I'll work on it and let you know tho.

Thanks in advance

Kyriakos

hey there

thanks a lot - it worked. D&D is back now. I just didn't do what that thing said cause it wasn't an Explorer-related thing, but a Local Browser one.
Thanks nevertheless

SP4 for Windows 2000 ? Where did you get that from ?

+- System -----------------------------

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional  

Service Pack 4, RC 4.36 (Build 2195)

CPU Speed         : 751 MHz

Total Memory      : 327224 KB

Free Memory       :   4364 KB

....[/quote]

/me is beta tester ;-)
and no I won't send it to anybody

2. The second one is a minor bug which isn't that much of a big deal since it's not causing any operational problems and also it's not that new. It's been here for some versions now, but unfortunately I can't remember when I first noticed it. If you go to Help->About the About dialog pops up with the License tab selected by default. If you then go to the Credits tab, CPU utilization jumps to 100% (obviously because of the scrolling text). The problem is that if you go to another tab, CPU utilization stays at 100%. In order for it to go back to normal, you need to close the About dialog.

I never did experience this, it's been a known problem for a few people though.

A new "credits" will remedy the problem, but the problem is more time is needed.

I was unable to do drag-and-drop downloading in 1.0.974 on W2000 Pro; unregistering SmartHook.dll and getting the latest dll fixed the problem briefly, but now the problem has returned. Is there anything else I can try? Otherwise, SmartFTP is the best. Thanks.

I was unable to do drag-and-drop downloading in 1.0.974 on W2000 Pro; unregistering SmartHook.dll and getting the latest dll fixed the problem briefly, but now the problem has returned. Is there anything else I can try? Otherwise, SmartFTP is the best. Thanks.

I second that. It was fixed at first, but then all of the sudden it started happening again. I unregistered SmartHook.dll again, rebooted, yada yada yada but it's still here. So I decided to wait till the next build is made available and then start whinning again
Any ideas guys?

Please make sure that the latest "SmartHook.dll" is being loaded.

Version 1.0.2.1 / Date: 03-Feb-2003 04:10
https://www.smartftp.com/Products/SmartFTP/hook0002.cab

If you are running the latest, then it's strange that this is occurring,
as I haven't had a problem with the d&d features under 2K/XP.

I'll try to reproduce something, and have a few people as well.
But so far I can't find anything wrong with the d&d feature.

BTW: No need to be shy to whine about an issue