Runtime Error!

I get the message

Runtime error:

Program:C:Program FilesSmartFTPSmartFTP.exe

This application has requested the RunTime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I checked the help database on the main site...It says i should check in C:Documents and SettingsUSERAplication DataSmartFTP
and delete some *.dat files......

See theres the problem though i checked in there, i dont even have an "Application Data" folder. So i tried creating one, then reinstalling SmartFTP, but to no avail. Then i tried creating a folder "SmartFTP" in the application data and reinstalling but i still get the error. Can anyone help?????

If you're on a 9x/ME platform, the data folder is c:windowsapplication datasmartftp. On 2000/XP, it is c:documents and settings[username]application datasmartftp. However, if you specified a custom data folder, you will have to delete that folder and let it be regenerated by SmartFTP the next time it is opened.

kinda dont get wat i'm saying...there isnt even those folders to go to, and i didnt specify any directory....I'm running on XP