SmartFTP and MS ISA Server

What is the proper way to configure SmartFTP so that I can get to FTP sites while connected to my office's LAN. So far the only way I can connect to ftp sites is if I enable the Firewall Client and set SmartFTP to use No proxy. Because the Firewall Client bypasses ALL rules on the ISA Server, they don't want users to have it. So far, none of the proxy settings allows me to get out to the ftp sites that I need access to. Usually, it'll connect and authenticate to the ISA Server (to verify my network access to the ISA Server), but it won't connect to any ftp sites. I've tried practically every setting in the proxy config in SmartFTP and don't know what else to try. Are there settings that I need to have an admin configure on the ISA Server in order to get this to work?

Any help would be great.

Has ANYONE managed to get SmartFTP to work with Microsoft ISA Proxy Server? If so what configuration is require on the Server AND the Client?

If no-one has then why not. previously I had managed to get SmartFTP working using WinGate as a proxy server, but this has been made redundant by the introduction of the new MS Product.

Hopefully
Mike