SFTPDaily.cab

https://www.smartftp.com/download

this gives me a cab file as downloaded file. but the file itself is an .exe file.
extracting doesnt work. i have to install it all the time. wished? i really would like to see the old cab file. :)

darix

The CAB download link points to the .exe. For there won't be a dead link, for old forum threads etc..

27-Jan-2003 15:39
[*]The "Development Builds" now use the (NSIS Setup).
|- The "SFTPDev.exe" detects the MSI installation path, and if not found, the default install path will be "C:Program FilesSmartFTP".

It's a self extracting executable. Once clicked upon, it auto detects the MSI path where you installed SmartFTP to. If that path is not found,
due to not installing SmartFTP using the MSI setup, or any other circumstances, it then defaults to "C:Program FilesSmartFTP". You have
full control of where the files will be extracted to. The benefit is great, because there is no need for any third party utility to extract the
archive. It makes it very easy for the new and advanced users. No extra intervention is needed at all, just a point and click process.

hmhmhm normally the server could tell the client what the original filename is. i will check that out and tell you more about it later :)

anyway. i really hate it to install it again and again.
would it be possible to offer the cab file again or a zip file?

darix

No, there won't be any more .cab or .zip file format.

I don't see what the big deal is though, it's just a self extracter, which extracts the files to a folder.
Which you have full control of specifying. There are no registry entries, or Install/Uninstall files being made.

Is it clear to you now?

It was quicker and easier to check file dates.

3rd party extraction programs are required almost everywhere else anyways, so it's not really that much of a 'hassle'.

Whats the purpose of file dates?

I can set the "date/time" into the window title of the installer if you want to.

LM downloading and extracting are much less work than installing all the time.

mb the time would be nice.

just my pi cents

darix

If you guys weren't aware of, the following page,
displays the time and date, for SmartFTP release files.

https://www.smartftp.com/get/

This is what I use for the developer build change log

lm: i have the direct link to the file in my download list. i dont use the page at all :)

darix