can't ftp after connecting router

i recently began using SmartFTP and all was fine. i then installed a Linksys wireless access point router (BEFW11S4 ver.2) and couldn't make any headway at all with respect to making an ftp connection. i then changed some settings on the router by going to setup>advanced>forwarding>port triggering. i opened ports 20-21 by entering those numbers in the 'trigger port range and 'incoming port range' boxes. this seems to have goten me a bit closer, but i still get the following log:

Resolving host name 68.82.18.130...
Connecting to (68.82.18.130).
Connected to (pcp01494991pcs.rte20201.de.comcast.net) -> IP: 68.82.18.130 PORT: 21.
Socket connected waiting for login sequence.
220 Microsoft FTP Service
USER dan
331 Password required for dan.
PASS (hidden)
230 User dan logged in.
SYST
215 Windows_NT
FEAT
500 'FEAT': command not understood
REST 100
350 Restarting at 100.
REST 0
350 Restarting at 0.
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,3,10,219).
Opening data connection IP: 192.168.0.3 PORT: 2779.
The operation completed successfully.
PORT 192,168,1,100,11,231
Connection closed. Server timeout.
Command aborted. Server timeout.
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
Connection closed.

i read another posting from someone with the same router who seems to think that the problem is unsolveable and unique to this particular router, but i have trouble believing this. the answer must lie somewhere in the settings to either SmartFTP or the router. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you would have more success with asking linksys tech support or even a linksys forum. This is a unique problem caused by your hardware upgrade. I seriously doubt they would make a router without ftp support so im sure it is just a matter of configuring it properly Also what ftp are you trying to connect to ? I dont think ports have anything to do with you making outbound connections...They are made to accept incoming connection. If you are trying to connect to your own server I have learned that you cannot loopback (connect to yourself) while connected to a router with the exception of using a proxy.

hope this helped

Did you get any resolve with Linksys? I have the same problem here!

Try using port mode (instead of PASV mode)

think of forwaring the ports.

carlos