Two steps are required to use LastPass with SmartFTP:
1. Select the LastPass credential provider in the Favorite:
- Go to the favorite properties:
Connect to the favorite, then go to the menu: Favorites - Favorite Properties
Open a new connection: menu: File - New Connection
Click on the Properties button in the Quick Connect dialog
- Select LastPass in the the Login - Provider selection box
- Enter the username of the site you want to connect to and not your LastPass username
- Click OK to save the changes
2. Add the site in LastPass
Login into the LastPass Vault and add a new site.
Important: When adding the new site to a group, select a group that is not shared.
Given a favorite, SmartFTP searches the LastPass password vault for a matching site. It uses the Url property in the LastPass site entry to identify a corresponding site. The Url property must be set according to the following table:
|Protocol||Host||Username||Url in LastPass|
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!