Recurrence for scheduled upload/download

I think this issue has been brought up in other postings but I haven't seen any real answer. Is it possible to set up a recurrence for doing scheduled uploads or downloads? I want to schedule at the same time everyday automatically and not have to reset the SmartFTP schedule time every day. If not, is this a feature SmartFTP is considering adding in the near future? I'm sure many users would appreciate this feature.

[quote name='TomHe]I think this issue has been brought up in other postings but I haven't seen any real answer. Is it possible to set up a recurrence for doing scheduled uploads or downloads? I want to schedule at the same time everyday automatically and not have to reset the SmartFTP schedule time every day. If not' date=' is this a feature SmartFTP is considering adding in the near future? I'm sure many users would appreciate this feature.[/quote']

I'm looking for the same solution... any ideas?

Recurring transfers are not possible at the moment.

This feature is planned and under development for a future build of SmartFTP. The first solution we will provide shortly is a SDK or automation component you can use to write your own scripts to do the tasks.

mb wrote:Recurring transfers are not possible at the moment.

This feature is planned and under development for a future build of SmartFTP. The first solution we will provide shortly is a SDK or automation component you can use to write your own scripts to do the tasks.

That would be wonderful! I certainly like SmartFTP better, but I ended up using CuteFTP because it does allow scripting (via VB Script) to automate the whole program...

Thanks for your help!

Did you write scripts for CuteFTP? If yes, what exactly did you use the scripts for? Is it CuteFTP Home or Pro with the COM?
Thanks
-Mat

mb wrote:Did you write scripts for CuteFTP? If yes, what exactly did you use the scripts for? Is it CuteFTP Home or Pro with the COM?
Thanks
-Mat

Yes I wrote them. I use them to upload my backup after Veritas runs (it calls it post-backup). I'm using CuteFTP Pro. Here is my script:

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
' Create TEConnection object
Set MySite = CreateObject("CuteFTPPro.TEConnection")

'File System Object
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

' Initialize remote server host name, protocol, port, etc.
MySite.Host = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
MySite.Protocol = "FTP"
MySite.Port = 21
MySite.Retries = 30
MySite.Delay = 30
MySite.MaxConnections = 5
MySite.TransferType = "AUTO"
MySite.DataChannel = "DEFAULT"
MySite.AutoRename = "OFF"
' WARNING!!! SENSITIVE DATA: user name and password.
MySite.Login = "USERNAME"
MySite.Password = "PASSWORD"
MySite.SocksInfo = ""
MySite.ProxyInfo = ""
' Connect to remote server
MySite.Connect
MySite.LocalFilterInclude = ""
MySite.LocalFilterExclude = ""
MySite.RemoteSiteFilter = ""

'Calculate the Date:
strDate = Now()
strMonth = Month(strDate)
If cInt(strMonth) < 10 Then
strMonth = "0" & strMonth
End if
strDay = Day(strDate)
If cInt(strDay) < 10 Then
strDay = "0" & strDay
End if
strYear = MID(Year(strDate),3,2)
DateFormatYYMMDD = " - " & strMonth & "-" & strDay & "-" & strYear

MySite.Upload "E:Backup", "/Backup" & DateFormatYYMMDD

'Report Output Dir
strTempDir = "e:Backup"
objFSO.DeleteFolder strTempDir
objFSO.CreateFolder strTempDir

MySite.Disconnect
MySite.Close

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It works really well. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I want to have an option close to what guys want here , I need something to sincronize my files in bouth ways .. from local to server and from server to lacal computer. The last one I needed to backup my online files which are uploaded by the users . An scheduler for this sicronization will be ideal , runing every day when i start SFTP .

Curently I use a program to backup my files from one HDD to another , it's Tarylynn ( http://www.kanastacorp.com/tarylynn.html ) it's free and I can say it's doing a great job ... but I could not use the ftp function .. I don;t know why but the server files just dont apear in the server window

Another thing - Iwas using on my old FTP client (Ace FTP) a function which change the folder from the local window as I change it in the server windows - when I click the images folder , inlocal window automaticaly jumps to that folder on local browser .. that was a very useful option .. and it has an button which enable the option or not ( the button was positioned betwen the server and local browser window .. very smart choice )

Any way .. I like Smart FTP , that's why I used it in the last 380 days

see ya all

Please include this feature in the new version that is upcomming in 2.0... That would be great... I am also looking for something along those line. I just need to be able to download certain sites