workspaces merging

I'm using v2.5.1006 but have seen this in all previous trial versions I've tried.

When I change Workspace, sometimes the tabs of the previous Workspace aren't removed so they become merged with the tabs of the new Workspace. It can be the remote or local tabs that do this, or both. After a fresh install it seems to be okay for a while, but after it has done this merge thing once then it happens regularly thereafter.

Does anyone know if this is fixed in the current beta, or am I the only one experiencing this?

Hello ..

Is there any way you can reproduce this?

Regards,
SmartFTP

I can't see any pattern to it.

I just switched between the workspaces at random about 15 times and had mixed results:

. About half the time the new workspace loaded correctly.
. Almost half the time one of the tabs from the previous workspace was retained on the new one (where it shouldn't be).
. One time a local tab from the previous workspace was added to the remote tabs side on the new workspace. Hadn't seen that before.

What I didn't see in these tests was all the old tabs being retained/added to the new workspace, which is what I usually notice.

--

I just did ~15 more changes, without reloading the software, and all changes worked correctly.

--

I wondered if maybe it happened when I changed workspace while one or more tabs were still connecting, but that doesn't appear to be it.

Also doesn't seem to be related to what panel or file/directory is selected.

--

Difficult to fix something that isn't reproducible I guess, but keep an eye out for it. There's something odd going on there.

Rowan.

We will do some more testing to see if we can reproduce it. Is my assumption correct that you have the tabbed mode (default) enabled?

Regards,
-Mat

Yes, I have "Tabbed Interface" enabled. The layout is two large panels: left panel is for the remote tabs and the right panel is for the local tabs.

Rowan.

Hello ..

We have made some changes in the latest build (2.5.1006.11). Could you please test it again with this one?
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Thanks
-Mat

Okay, I'll try that out for a while and let you know how it goes.

Rowan.

I haven't noticed any tab merging since installing that new version, so whatever you did seemed to do the trick.

Another thing I'll mention while I'm here: tabs seem to lose their path randomly. For example, there might be 5 tabs, all navigated to directories somewhere, then you close SmartFTP and load it back up, and one or more of the tabs has gone back to /.

I originally thought it might have happened when the target directory was deleted between SmartFTP closing and reloading, but I've noticed that it still goes to that directory when this is the case, and puts a little X icon next to the directory name to show it doesn't exist. So I'm not sure what's causing the tabs to lose their previous path. I've only noticed it on remote tabs.

Row.