Folder tree does not show all subfolders with VxWorks server

SmartFTP v2.0.996

Hi

Earlier this year I reported a problem whereby SmartFTP did not correctly display folder contents when working with a VxWorks FTP folder. This was fixed and now works fine.

However, still working with VxWorks, I find that in the folder window of the remote browser I see the root directory (an IP address) but the subfolders available on the server do not appear in the tree. However, if I use the 'Change Folder' command and specify a known subfolder, the browser correctly adds it to the tree and I can see the subfolder's contents.

Why cannot I see all the subfolders of the root without using Change Folder?

David

Why cannot I see all the subfolders of the root without using Change Folder?
Quite simply because the folder exists but is not displayed. This is probably due to missing / incomplete support for this particular directory listing format in SmartFTP. As there is no definite standard how raw directory listings should look like, SmartFTP has to implement tons of parsers for different formats of the various OSes and server configurations. SO please help us be posting a raw listing of that particular folder, and say which folders do not get listed although they are in the raw listing.

Quite simply because the folder exists but is not displayed. This is probably due to missing / incomplete support for this particular directory listing format in SmartFTP. As there is no definite standard how raw directory listings should look like, SmartFTP has to implement tons of parsers for different formats of the various OSes and server configurations. SO please help us be posting a raw listing of that particular folder, and say which folders do not get listed although they are in the raw listing.

I do understand the difficulty of supporting multiple formats. This is not a complaint but a request for better support of this particular format.

However, I don't know how to provide the raw listing for the root folder. If I click on the root (the IP address) and execute the 'Show Raw Listing' command, I get a listing for the previously selected subfolder, not the root. I can't get a listing for the root. Is this explanation clear enough? Please suggest how to proceed.

By the way, I received no email notification of your reply, even though I ticked the relevant box.

BR

David

Is there anything more that we can do to fix this problem?

David

The best thing would be to provide us with a test account on your server.

The best thing would be to provide us with a test account on your server.

Sorry, that is not possible.

Here is a little more information. If I change directory to '/' I get:

[09:49:12] CWD /
[09:49:12] 501 Directory non existent or syntax error

Does that help?

Please try connecting to the server via Windows' FTP command line utilty and issue a DIR command. This should basically give you a listing similiar to the raw directory listing from SmartFTP.

Please try connecting to the server via Windows' FTP command line utilty and issue a DIR command. This should basically give you a listing similiar to the raw directory listing from SmartFTP.

Thanks for your suggestion. I found that DOS FTP also cannot see the folders in the root directory:

ftp> dir
200 Port set okay
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection
Can't open "".
550 No files found or invalid directory or permission problem
ftp: 16 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 16000.00Kbytes/sec.
ftp>

So there is something strange about the root directory structure. Therefore, it seems not to be a SmartFTP problem. I apologise for raising this issue.

David