Why wont my web site update after i made changes

I am very new to the FTP program and barley know how to use it. I made my web site using publisher and eveytime i make changes to the site i save it to index and then upload onto ftp. It was all working fine but know i cant seem to make any changes. I do all the steps but when i go to the site nothing has changed. Its very upsetting why it would work for a while then just stop. If anyone has any suggestions please feel Free to tell me. I need all the help i can get. I was also wondering why some pictures wont load. There all saved in the index files but only some work. Does it have to do with how they are saved on Publisher 2003?

I use FrontPage not Publisher... However, most MS Apps are similar.

In FP, you should publish not FTP. Is there a publish button in Publisher?

It should be File -> Publish or something similar.

I tryed that many times and it converts it to HTML code but it does not transfer to web. I pushed publish to web and that's it. Was there something else after that, that i need to do to get it to transfer to my site?

Okay... I just check Microsoft's site. http://www.microsoft.com/office/communi ... g=en&cr=US

In it, states that Publisher is not the tool to use for publishing website. That must be why you are having so much problems. They suggest you use FrontPage for websites.

I am using FP right now and I like it in that things are GUI and WYSIWYG based. I hate it because it limits the posibilities.

I tried DreamWeaver, but it seems to difficult to do the simplest things. That is why I am using FP now.

Hi,

Do you know a browser uses a cache to keep the visited pages ? So it doesn't need to take them again from the server. If you have a fast connection, (>= 128 kbps) you can disable this features (or reduce the cache size on IE which don't really allow to disable cache...). I think the page you see in your browser is the cached one. Use the refresh button to force your browser to fetch it again.

I hope this was usefull.

Olivier

Thanks you guys both for your help. I'm still trying to figure out how to limit my cache. So all my changes will show up but i havent quite figured that out yet. But I'm probley going to just suck it up and buy front page so i dont have to deal with all these problems. Thanks again