File corruption on upload

I'm having file corruption when I upload various types of files. So far I've had file corruption on php, jpg, and gif type files. These are the only ones I've tried.

I get corruption whether I use Auto or specific type transfer mode.

This started a while back and I've un-installed and re-installed Smartftp but no luck. I have no idea what might be causing this, would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Does anyone official ever help in this section ?

Try updating to the last development build a old build has that issue.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Nope. Still getting file corruption. The log file states: File successfully transferred In this case it was a graphic file (gif) and its all distorted and garbled looking. When viewing the file locally its fine and if I get someone else to upload to my server its fine. And as I've mentioned this is happening with any type of file Ive tried.

I understand that this may be my PC and not Smartftp Im just not sure how to determine that. I do know that its very discouraging

It was fine at one time and Im not sure what could have changed as far as my PC goes. I have all the latest drivers and I maintain my machine faithfully, defragging, disk check and such. I do know that at some point I updated SmartFTP but I cant say for sure this coincided with my problems.

Well.....it seems my problem may be my router :?

Im not sure why but once I removed it and connected direct to my cable modem the corruption went away. The only thing I know to do is update the firmware of the router and try that. Any other suggestions are welcome tho. Its a Linksys router.

Well just in case anyone else has this problem it seems that updating the firmware of my Linksys router from 1.45.6 to 1.45.7 has fixed the problem 8)

I want to thank everyone who gave of their time and tried to help, your help and support in a time of crisis will be remembered. :roll: :?

Sincere thanks to aokromes.

I had a similar problem in damaged files posted to our ftp server. One of the SmartFTP sales/tech people directed me to this thread.

We have a Linksys BEFSR41 router. I was able to download the information, firmware, and a firmware upgrader program from the Linksys website. Warning, this resets to factory standard. Be sure to have all your IP address settings written down in front of you before you run this.

Notes: the firware upgrade was not—as indicated in this forum—1.45.7. This version is listed in numerous forums online as having multiple problems on all platforms. The current version that is available is 1.46.2 and this solved the fragmented packets problem which currupted all large ftp transfers.

Yes, at the time 1.45.7 was the latest version. I have also upgraded to 1.46.2 a while back and all is well, it fixes a slew of problems unrelated to ftp also.