Starting Small Business But dont know how to use ftp,,

Hi folks , okay heres the deal i started a website and i make websites but my problem is , i dont know how to work ftp , once the person buys somthing from my website wich i dont know how to do yet , he or she will go to my ftp already set account and download the file the problem is , i dont know how to do that , when i Copy the URl and try it in the Explore browser it says cannot be found specify the address , etc , so my question is how do i activate my files so once i copy and paste the link into my button that they will download . since i tryed my URl it aint working , can anyone tell me step by step or tell me where i can find out ,

P.S what is Global Queue.

It sounds to me like your FTP server is improperly set up. You say you don't know how to use FTP, but you've setup and are running an FTP server?

To be sure its working first type the IP of your FTP server into your browser. If it still can't find the server, either its not there or the connection cannot be made. I don't know much about Internet Explorer's built in FTP browser but why don't you use SmartFTP to connect (since you're posting in the SmartFTP forums ). I know that it will give you more specific error messages. You should post back with the contents of the SmartFTP connection logs.

This would be useful because I assume you have some sort of security set up on the server so not just anyone can log in and download files you intend to sell. Perhaps it is refusing your connection because you do not fit the connection criteria (could be anything from IP range to something simple like password or port #) that you might have forgotten after you set it up. Verify everything serverside to be sure you should be able to connect. I think Internet Explorer might say the server cannot be found (404) even if it finds it, but is only having its connection attempts rejected.

This may be a stupid question, but how on earth did you set up an FTP server without knowing anything about FTP? It sounds like, for your purposes it might be easier, considering your knowledge, to simply link the files for download the simple http way, and password protect them just like you would password protect a website. I think this would be a lot easier since you seem to have experience with HTTP, but none with FTP.

I hope this helps.
Jonathan Guilbault.