FTP over SSL (implicit) and Global Queue

I am downloading files from an FTP server that uses SSL, Implicit.

I have no problems downloading using the Session-queue, this works nicely. I haven't tried Direct, but I would suppose that works well too.

When I use the Global Queue, the download doesn't work. I suspect the software to ignore the SSL-encryption somehow.

Also; I was not impressed by the global queue encoding the URL with the username and password world viewable.

Anything I can do about this?

Regards,
Harald Bjor

Well, after spending some hours reading posts, I found that it just don't work, and that encoding the passwords in clear text is by design.

For anyone interested in this; Global Queue and Implicit SSL doesn't work.

I have a request for a change that you are warned that the download will not work when you add files from a ftp site connected through SSL implicit to the global queue.

And of course a request to change the URL-way of doing the Global Queue, the SmartFTP is a good idea and has a great UI, too bad that I can't fully take advantage of the ideas.

Harald.

The "Global Queue" works with "Explicit SSL" which is the common and recommended way to connect to a SSL enabled server.

It is nice that it works for most people, but I don't think I have the means to control other servers, the server I downloaded SmartFTP for supports only implicit SSL.

I am helped, since the Session Queue works well, but when I learned about the global queue, I was excited, and then a bit dissappointed when it turns out I can't use it.

Maybe I'll try to ask the FTP admin if it is possible to enable explicit SSL.

Hope you write support for it sometime,

regards
Harald

It "should" work if you add the connection to the favorites.

Then the global queue reads the "favorite" settings.

Please give it a try.
-Mat

Sorry, it is the same, but the favourite works fine.

For the test I installed SmartFTP at work, so it is the latest "normal" setup from the SmartFTP site.

Version : 1.0.976.7
Time Stamp : 2003-05-18 00:35:32

Regards,
Harald.
It is sunny and warm I'll go outside and have a beer! 8)