Installation Error(corrupt CAB file)

Hello! I'm trying to install SmartFTP on my PC, as 1. it's free and 2. it's the only FTP program that I like and know how to use, and keep running into this error during installation:

"A CAB file required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Unfortunately, it can't tell me which of the three it is, and I don't know what it means exactly. I'm using the full online download option from the site, so it's not a CD-ROM. The computer I'm on is running Win98SE, and the hard drive was recently reformatted because of a problem we never found the cause of. (I have no idea if any of this is relevant, but I figure I'll put up everything that might be.) I'm trying to run the "Typical" option for installation, and I haven't tried anything because I have no idea what to try.

I really hope this is somewhat easily resolved...I don't particularly want to have to hunt down and learn a different FTP program.

Vi

download the online instillation file and do a intrnet install.

carlos