How do u make ur own FTP site? pointers/sites needed please

i've been using SmartFTP for a little while now and i've been going on a friends site and have been up/downloading stuff on it. I have decided to create my own SmartFTP and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to do it, give me the general gist of how to do it or give me a site that'll tell me how to do it?

thank you

You need access to a server. There are lots of free services that offer webspace for free (don't expect your site to be ad-free or get your own domain name). From there, you should be able to manage it with SmartFTP (uploading and downloading).

Popular free ones are:

Yahoo! Geocities
Angelfire
Tripod

...And many others. Just look up Free Web Host on Google, and you're sure to find something.

or get a copy of servuftp and setup your ftp server there thats what i did works great and i have control on who comes in

ozzyrules wrote:or get a copy of servuftp and setup your ftp server there thats what i did works great and i have control on who comes in
8O Serv U Rocks, but what most people need is No-Ip then there server will have a friendly name they creat and its FREE and no more hassles with changing IP's !!!! wOOt !!! 8O