cannot login waiting to retry

:cry:
I have read many posts on this forum concerning this problem and no one seems to answer my specific dilemma. Anyone who has had this error please provide your solution. Have been using SmartFTP for a couple of years without any prior knowledge and got it up and going and running w/o problem. Upgraded recently, and get the above message trying to login into gdlive when I never received it before. This has been going on for weeks. Sever is not down to my knowledge. SmartFtp is trusted app in firewall as outbound, finding no signs of inbound activity from host (gdlive) but don't think it would show if getting above error. No router. Default settings in SmartFTP. Have a satelite networked connection. Log on to ftp.smartftp.com w/o any problem. XP ops. Please someone help, I need this connection for my health!

Resolving host name gdlive.com
connecting to (gdlive.com)
connected to (gdlive.com) then ip address with port 21
Socket connected waiting for login sequence
cannot login waiting to retry
continue to login attempt 2
and on and on and on
and on.......[/quote]

Try connecting to 207.46.174.137 maybe your dns server don't works fine.

Ok. But how does one connect to that IP address. I searched high and low in SmartFTP for a way to force this IP but could not locate it. That IP differs from the one that the FTP is presently connecting to by one number. Am I looking in the wrong place. Thanxz